Certificate for Occupational Safety ManagersTM (COSM)
As safety professionals move along in their career path they are in need of training designed for a high-level safety manager. Therefore, the COSS administration is developing the Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers™ (COSM) program.
The COSM program is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of five 8-hour sessions. Once you have completed all five sessions (in no particular order) and meet the prerequisites outlined below, you will receive the COSM credential. Programs may be taken as standalone
seminars or in full to earn the industry designation.
If COSM is something you would be interested in attending, please let us know. Contact
email@example.com or call (877) 778-0607
2013 Class Schedule - Baton Rouge Training Facility
Price varies per location. After you select your location during the
registration process, the price will be displayed. Currently all classes are only being offered at our Baton Rouge training facility. We plan to bring
future classes to a location near you.
- May 30 - Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline
- July (TBD) - 1 week class (all five topics offered for 5 consecutive days
You must complete the following five classes to receive the COSM certificate.
- Essentials of Safety Management (12COSM1)
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success (12COSM2)
- Managing Risk & Safety Finances (12COSM3)
- Communicating the Safety Message (12COSM4)
- Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline (12COSM5)
In order to recieve the final COSM certificate you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete all five sessions in a two-year time period
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of 2 years of safety, health or environmental work experience
Follow us on: