Certificate for Occupational Safety ManagersTM (COSM)
As safety professionals move along in their career path they are in need of training designed for a high-level safety manager. Therefore, the COSS administration is developing the Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers™ (COSM) program.
The COSM program is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of five 8-hour sessions. Once you have completed all five sessions (in no particular order) and meet the prerequisites outlined below, you will receive the COSM credential. Programs may be taken as standalone
seminars or in full to earn the industry designation.
If COSM is something you would be interested in attending, please let us know. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 778-0607
View the different locations
that offer COSM and other programs.
Baton Rouge - December 10 - Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline
Baton Rouge - December 12 - Essentials of Safety Management
All 2014 dates can be found here
Price varies by location. Click the name of the city next to each date above for pricing information. COSM classes are only being offered at our Baton Rouge training facility at this time. We plan to bring
future classes to a location near you.
You must complete the following five classes to receive the COSM certificate.
- Essentials of Safety Management (12COSM1)
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success (12COSM2)
- Managing Risk & Safety Finance (12COSM3)
- Communicating the Safety Message (12COSM4)
- Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline (12COSM5)
In order to receive the final COSM certificate you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete all five sessions in a two-year time period
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of 2 years of safety, health and environmental work experience
Follow us on: